I recently booked a trip for a client who wanted to know the pros and cons for booking on Walt Disney World property versus renting a place off site. In fact, while I provided him quotes for on property packages, he was checking quotes for staying off property. He realized it was actually going to save them money to stay on property. When you start factoring in a place to stay, food expenses, park tickets and transportation (rental cars, parking fees, etc.), it all starts adding up quickly!
Here are 5 reasons to stay on property:
1) FREE shuttle transportation to and from the airport on Disney’s Magical Express. Disney really thinks of everything. They make it so easy to get from the airport to your resort and it’s a free service they provide. They will even pick up your bags and deliver them to your resort if you wish!
2) Extra Magic Hours! If you stay on property, you get to take advantage of something called Extra Magic Hours. Each day a different park is either open early before the official park opening or they stay open after the park officially closes just for those guests that are staying on property. This gives you extra time to enjoy the parks with fewer people!
3) Nap time! For those with little ones that need naps (ok, let’s face it – adults need naps too), staying on property is an excellent way to build that into your day. Head to the parks for rope drop (AKA park opening), have lunch and then head back to your room for a nap or some pool time and then head out for round 2 at the park!
4) Bus transportation to the parks from your resort and back again. The buses run as long as the parks are open – and run long enough to make sure everyone can catch a ride back and it’s at no additional cost.
5) Dining Plans. Disney offers 3 different dining plan options to fit your budget. Paying up front usually saves you some money and it makes it so easy to arrive for your vacation! Once you arrive, your room, park tickets and food are completely paid for so all you have to worry about is having a magical vacation!
All in all, staying on property provides great advantages and magical extras to help make your vacation perfect! Plus, Disney always has ways of providing extra pixie dust for guests throughout their stay. It’s really the best way to enjoy your Disney vacation!
Heather Burczynski is a Travel Planner and Mentor with Middle of the Magic Travel and lives in Nashville, TN.