Over my last few trips to Disney World, I’ve discovered a grand and glorious special ticketed event that is a must do! For a few nights during the year, Magic Kingdom added some special magic to their lineup and offers a special ticketed event called Disney After Hours. The best news of all is that Disney announced this week that they are going to add After Hours Events at Hollywood Studios AND Animal Kingdom too!
Here are some reasons why I will always attend these if I’m at Disney World while they are being offered:
- They only sell a small amount of these tickets. While they don’t confirm the exact number, my guess is no more than 3,000 people are in the park. This makes the lines for almost every ride nonexistent which means you walk on the ride with no wait. It’s amazing!
- Unlimited popcorn, novelty ice cream treats (including Mickey bars) and bottled beverages! You walk up to special kiosks and tell them what you want and they hand it right over. Even if you want popcorn, 3 Mickey bars and two bottled waters all at the same time!
- Sweet photo ops at the castle with little to no chance of anyone photobombing your perfect picture! PhotoPass photographers are stationed in several places along Main Street to capture the perfect pictures for you!
The following dates are still available for After Hours Tickets @ Magic Kingdom:
- November 2018: 26
- December 2018: 3 and 10
- January 2019: 7, 17, 24 and 28
- February 2019: 7, 14 and 28
- March 2019: 7
The following dates will be available for After Hours Tickets @ Hollywood Studios (avl. 11/15):
- December 2018: 8, 15 and 22
- January 2019: 5, 12 and 19
- February 2019: 2, 9 and 16
- March 2019: 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30
- April 2019: 6 and 13
The following dates are available for After Hours Tickets @ Animal Kingdom (avl. 11/15):
- December 2018: 4, 12 and 18
- January 2019: 8, 16, 22 and 31
- February 2019: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19 and 26
- March 2019: 5, 20 and 27
- April 2019: 3
If you have any interest on adding this option to your trip, please contact your Middle of the Magic Travel Planner for more information.
Heather Burczynski is a Travel Planner and Mentor at Middle of the Magic Travel from Nashville, TN.