Disney World is the place to be this spring and early summer, as new and long-awaited experiences premiere around the parks and at Disney Springs. Here are a few we’re most excited about.
- Rivers of Light is now showing on select nights at Disney’s Animal Kingdom! See our livestream video from opening night! The show is a new reason to visit Animal Kingdom at night, where you can also enjoy the Tree of Life Awakenings, evening safaris, and a nighttime encounter with the Yeti on Expedition Everest! Ask your Travel Planner about FastPasses and dining packages.
- Pandora-The World of Avatar is opening on May 27th at Animal Kingdom. The new land features the family-friendly Na’vi River Journey and Avatar Flight of Passage for guests seeking bigger thrills. Grab a bite to eat at Satu’li Canteen or a drink at Pongu Pongu. A new shop, Windtraders, sells Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits, and more.
- This month, you can find Doc McStuffins visiting with guests outside the clinic at Rafiki’s Planet Watch at Animal Kingdom! Trek over on the Wildlife Express Train to learn about conservation and how vets take care of animals at the theme park. Meet-and-greets are also available here with Rafiki, Chip, and Dale at select times.
- This spring, BB8 will greet guests at Star Wars Launch Bay in Hollywood Studios, where you can also face Kylo Ren and visit Chewbacca. Fans will enjoy the Launch Bay itself, dedicated to movie memorabilia and artifacts, as well as other attractions and a nighttime spectacular. The official opening of Star Wars themed lands is scheduled for 2019.
- Happily Ever After, a new nighttime show at Magic Kingdom, debuts on May 12th. Fireworks, animation, new music, and projections on Cinderella Castle tell your favorite Disney characters’ stories, as they dare to follow their dreams. Watch scenes from classics like “Aladdin” and new favorites like “Moana,” in a show that features more Disney characters than previous shows.
- In late spring, a new character breakfast featuring favorite Disney couples will at Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s Boardwalk. Meet with duos from your favorite adventures, like “Tangled” and “The Little Mermaid,” before you set off for the day making your own! We look forward to sharing more details soon.
- The re-imagined Planet Hollywood opened as a four-story observatory in Disney Springs. Its theming features film-making memorabilia and a 4,500 square foot video wall. The menu brings back classics, and offers new items by celebrity Chef Guy Fieri, including burgers, sandwiches and desserts. Stargazer’s Lounge, opening soon, will feature Florida craft beers (with 20 on tap) and 10 signature cocktails!
Contact your Travel Planner or request a quote now to make these amazing experiences part of your Disney vacation. Whether you’re planning your first or your next Disney experience, we’ll make it seamless and stress-free, and create a magical itinerary for everyone in the family.
Planning a last-minute spring break trip? Here’s why you’ll want to book it with us!